Best Foot Forward
Stepping up to a healthy start
November 27th 2018
Kensington Town Hall, W8 7NX
This year's conference is jointly held between HENRY and First Steps Nutrition Trust.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
This year’s conference will focus on ‘what works’ to tackle childhood obesity in the early years and will provide a varied day of expert talks and practical sessions with lots of food for thought and resources to support practitioners in their work. We hope it will be particularly useful to health visitors, public health practitioners and commissioners, those working in public health in government and in local authorities and all those interested in how we ensure that infancy and the early years are not forgotten in tackling the childhood obesity crisis. The conference will cost £130 for the day including resources and our usual very tasty vegan and vegetarian lunch and snacks.
Presentations will include:
- Data from Leeds on how they have bucked the national trend on childhood obesity
- Important factors to consider at the start of a child’s food journey
- Policy and practice around young children’s oral health
- Creating conditions for behaviour change
- Supporting more active families
A full programme and further details of the event are available here.