First Steps Nutrition Trust is an independent public health nutrition charity that provides information and resources to support eating well from pre-conception to five years.
- To ensure that everyone working to support mums-to-be and young families has access to independent, expert and practical 'eating well' resources.
- To provide up-to-date information on infant milks for sale in the UK and promote better regulation and marketing of breastmilk substitutes.
- To contribute to good policy and practice throughout the UK and ensure that the importance of good nutrition from pre-conception to five remains on everyone’s agenda
- Are put together by nutrition experts, are regularly updated and are reviewed by policy makers, health professionals, independent experts and users.
- Can be used in Unicef UK Baby Friendly Initiative accredited settings.
- Are available as free pdf downloads for use by anyone promoting better public health on a not-for profit basis.
Everyone who works at First Steps Nutrition Trust feels passionately about the need for better information and support for good nutrition – and good food – from pre-conception to five years.
First Steps Nutrition Trust is virtual, with no offices or full-time staff, and is supported by generous individual donations. All the work we do at First Steps is open access for use by anyone working in public health, particularly midwives, health visitors, nursery nurses, children’s centre staff and those working in health and social care in Local Authorities.
First Steps works with and supports a number of organisations including Unicef UK Baby Friendly Initiative, The Institute of Health Visiting, HENRY, Baby Milk Action, The Baby Feeding Law Group, Sustain, Eating Better, The UK Food Poverty Alliance and Food for Life.